Reports / December 2021
End of year financial report.
- REST framework sponsorships: £44,264.74
- GitHub sponsorships: £12,671.89
- Direct invoicing: £3,600
- Salary (Net): £48,701.00
- Taxes: £8,391.09
- Monthly expenses: £7,866.62 (£3,342.00 Office costs, £1,800.00 Accountants, £2,724.62 Recurring services)
- Purchases: £507.05 (£86.80 Travel, £115.25 Office equipment, £305.00 Digital devices)
- Opening balance: £16,260.71
- Total revenue: £60,536.63
- Total expenses: £65,465.76
- Closing balance: £11,331.60
- For tax purposes, the salary consists of both PAYE and dividends, which I’ve not bothered to distinguish between.
- Similarly, I’ve not distinguished between personal tax and corporation tax in this breakout.
- Recurring services include Heroku, AWS, Domain registration, Password manager, Phone rental, Bank standing charges and others.
- For 2021, working through Encode OSS was my sole income.
With thanks as ever to all our wonderful sponsors, maintainers & contributors.
— Tom Christie.