October saw the release of Django REST framework 3.9.
We’ll follow up this month with a 3.9.1 to address any initial issues in the new schema generation.
I’ve been spending a significant amount of time helping mature the ASGI ecosystem.
This has been through working on Starlette which is laying down patterns for building ASGI frameworks in a way that encourages re-usable components, through Uvicorn, as well as through a number of blog posts introducing the subject.
- Added support for ASGI lifetime messages to Uvicorn, added support for startup and shutdown events to Starlette.
- Added middleware support to Starlette, and implemented several reusable ASGI middleware classes including CORS, Trusted hosts, HTTPS redirects, GZip, and HTTP Sessions.
- Implemented an ASGI middleware base class that exposes a standard request/response interface to the end developer.
- Implemented an ASGI middleware for Sentry integration.
- Added async form parsing support to Starlette.
- Added GraphQL support to Starlette.
- Improved URL routing in Starlette, with
request.url_for, and support for nested URL names similar to Django’s namespaced URLs.
- Added API schema support to Starlette.
- Added debug-level logging to Uvicorn.
- I have discussing helping the Sanic framework to adopt ASGI, which you can follow on their discussion group.
As ever, thanks to all our sponsors, contributors, and users for your ongoing support.
— Tom Christie, 6th November, 2018.